Friday, April 3, 2009

Thought....

Thursday, another busy kid day. Cameron came at 2:30, had to get the pinewood derby snacks ready, never really did my hair. Cathy calls, have you talked to Lindsay? I can't tell if she's really in labor or it's just braxton hicks, Ginger says she can see her. I will go over there right now. I knock on the door Lindsay's in her pajamas, she's calm and I can feel her trying to be brave. I ask her how it feels. Are they getting harder, how long have they been coming? I know she wont ask for anything but we need to go, I tell her I'm going to get my van. I shove all of the 5 kids I have at the moment into my van, I go get Lindsay and Lucas, I drop off my big kids. We drive to Ginger's, Lindsay says I don't know maybe it's stopping, maybe it's not a big deal, I say we can check, it doesn't hurt to check, trust the mother instinct. Your mom really needs to know. I drop off Lindsay, we drive to the park. Lindsay calls so we turn around and pick her up. She's definately on her way but how much longer? I ask her should we go get the tub? Andrey's getting it. I take her back home, I feel the birth aura, that thin line between this life and another, it's around us. Lindsay is going to her place I can see her, she's being brave, it's different this time, this baby is going to come a different way then his brother. I see what needs to be done, do you need food, what about your bed, do you want me to put together the crib? I put Elias River on the floor and quickly make the bed, this sheet first then that, yes I remember. Clean towels, garbage bags, yes. Food, hmmm. I'll be back. We take the kids to the park, how fast is it going to be? When will Cathy get here? We take the kids to my house and I go to the store, good for you food, recharge, snacks, ibprofen, nursing pads, tucks, what else? I come back, Ginger's car is here. Is it really happening? I take the stuff over and open the door just a little bit. I put the bags in and run back home, I tell Amy It's real! It's real! Go get Cathy now! She goes and we gather up all the kids and go to the pine wood derby. We wait, the phone rings, he's here before Gabriel's car even goes down the track, he's here. I'm in shock, I call Karen and say baby boy out right now can you believe!! She says yes I can believe. I take Lucas back to see his brother, I'm having an adrenalin rush I walk in and Ginger hugs me, there is a real baby, I feel so proud of Lindsay she has grown so much, she is trusting herself, she is becoming something more, I feel her spirit taking a little bit more control of her being, I tell her I'm so proud of her, I cry, she say thank you for helping her, she cries, I hug her. I hold the baby boy, he's peaceful, such a good birth for him. He proves that there is so much more, we must keep trying, for them. Lindsay is changed, she has climbed her mountain, she will be able to do more and more now, she is calm and willing now to do her mother work, I admire her so much.

4 comments:

Megan said...

so many perspectives. i'm sure she felt very comforted that you were there and experienced in this amazing process.
beautiful words.

Lovely Lindsay said...

i love this. thanks for sharing this piece of gavin's story.
love, lindsay

The Warner Family said...

WOW!

Amy said...

that wa beautiful! you guys are amazing!