Sunday, January 27, 2008

Breakfast-for your health



Okay so for my 2 cents on breakfast. Here's some ideas anyway. Veggie omelet, my whole family loves them. Make sure your getting grass feed eggs with no antibiotics or hormones fed to the chickens(ask me about it). Saute a little mushrooms, peppers, onions, or tomatoes and maybe a little cheese. Oh and don't forget the tea pot in the back ground. It's the perfect weather to get into some warm yummy herbal tea. I know hot chocolate is the yummiest(I love it) but you can't go wrong if you get the right herbs to help your body. Right now I'm working on a pregnancy tea with all the herbs that make your body healthy for birth plus some really yummy ones like mint and licorice root. Want to know more about it, ask me! Last of all I found this granola at Winco last time I was there. It is in the bulk section and it is made of several grains, organic honey, peanuts and peanut butter, and a few other things. It's a great combination though because usually we eat a lot of grains(which turn to sugar or glucose in the body) or sugars for breakfast and don't get our protein which keeps us feeling strong and not making our body have a blood sugar crash before we know it. The peanuts and peanut butter do that in this cereal, there's a lot more ways then just meat to get your proteins. Okay enough of my 2 cents.

10 comments:

tharker said...

The omelett looks yummy. The funny thing to me is that when I first looked at your picture of the granola, I thought it was Italian Sausage. I was thinking, "Vegetarian Omelett...Sure..." Anyway, then I read on and my funny thoughts were corrected.

Jan said...

I love your blog Amelia. I am a health food lover as well. They have a fantastic vegan cooking class at the local Seventh Day Adventist church every fall. I always go and love it. Have you heard of the acai berry? I so love that berry for my health. I can hardly wait for more information from you. Take Care.

Mr. Furious said...

i love this woman...

Pres8Jes said...

you educate me!
i enjoy your blog.
post more recipes, im collecting for my little book.
add alfalfa to your tea.
i drank 2 cups of alfalfa only tea a day towards the end of my pregnancy, it tastes like grass but....
i had enough milk to feed the whole NICU!

naturaljoy said...

Jan,
I've heard of the vegan cooking class but never gone. Please, please tell me next time you're going! Tell me more about the acai berry I don't know much. I'm so excited to find you, what ward are you in now?

naturaljoy said...

Nat,
I just went and got some alfalfa to add It's totally awesome. It's supposed to control the bleeding at the end too. I had tons of milk too. You're so smart!

Jan said...

I will let you know about the class. There is a small fee, but you get samples and so much information and meet fabulous people. The acai (Ah-sigh-ee)berry is just a super antioxidant. I buy the pulp frozen at Freddies because it goes on sale there. I add it to Kefir smoothies. It has made a huge difference in some health issues. We raise our own chickens for the eggs. We've done that for years. We use to be made of, but now I think people are thinking. Oh goodie. I love talking about this. I have been commenting on the Wheatgrass that Danyelle grows for looks. But my comments are on how I drink the juice. I recently did a class in Oregon on just Wheatgrass at my brothers ward where he was a bishop. It was a blast. So much goes along with that grain.
Oh I am rambling. But I am in 8th Ward now. We do the trek every Sunday to Burbank.

::lindsay said...

Hey Amelia! I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I found you through Danyelle's blog.

I am looking forward to reading more of your posts and getting ideas and becoming educated on healthy food.

It has become more of an interest lately as I've seen family members feel better than they have in years by eating naturally, cutting out processed food, sugars, etc. I've had friends who's kids have become "all new people" from changing their diets due to food allergies. Recently, when I just had my baby, my milk did not come in until over 1 week later. I really started drinking that organic mother's milk and my milk supply dramatically increased. Anyways, due to all of these reasons it is definitely something I'd like to learn more about.

Marilyn said...

Amelia, Danyelle told me about your blog, and then I saw you comment, so I had to make my way over here.

I am thrilled to have met Lindsay and to find out she is your sister-in-law. So cool.

I will be back often to get great tips from you. We all have something to offer to the blogging community!

Steen said...

i would like a recipe for chocolate cake.

i sent gabriel a package today.