Friday, January 25, 2008

today's 2 cents


Have you ever wanted to make a difference, even a small one? Today I bought some "green" bags from Winco. They were only 88 cents each. Each one is totally made out of non-toxic, non-allergenic, and recyclable material. They are really sturdy and have handles (which is wonderful), they save thousands of plastic bags from being thrown away and their company takes their ethics all the way to the factory, no sweat shops for the greebag Co. I think you can get these bags at other stores also. They're usually green (representing saving the earth) and close to the check-out. The winco ones say Winco on them but I think they come with all kinds of different things on them. Don't take my word for it check out the website it's awesome! www.greenbag.info. Now I just need to remember to always put them back in the van for next time but hey that's a small price to pay right! My 2 cents. Ask me about it:)

4 comments:

mimi said...

I LOVE these bags. I have some from Yokes and Fred Meyer and that cool one from Trader Joe's that's insulated for frozen or cold food. I take the Yokes one to Fred Meyer and vice versa - they don't care! Tricky part - your're right - remembering to throw them in your car! It's easier for me to take my groceries in with them, too - just like a big purse instead of pesky plastic. BTW - Hello Amelia! Maybe I'll join the blog community soon...? -amy

Lovely Lindsay said...

yes, amy is really good at using her bags. this is on my list of things i want to start doing. i was thinking we could buy a big load of canvas and sew up some cute ones and sell them at the market this summer??? off to check out that link... bye!

tharker said...

I've been thinking about this too. Do they hold very much?

I love Lindsay's idea of having a bunch of cute ones. I will not be volunteering to make any because let's be honest...they would UGLY! But I'd be more than happy to buy them from someone!

mindi said...

i also have some bags from albertson's and trader joe's. LOVE them! i just put them by the door when i am done unloading and back in the car next time i go out. my favorite thing about them? they fit a TON so you only have 4-5 bags for a full shopping cart and they stand upright! no more bags rolling around in the car! these are one of my very favorite things.