Friday, February 15, 2008

Crazy Friday update and my 2 cents


2 cents for today, did you know you can buy pastry flour and use it instead of white flour in all you baking recipes? It's a softer form of wheat that hasn't been processed the way white flour has so it still has the nutrients from the wheat but it looks more white then normal wheat flour. It also stays in your body longer not making you have a sugar low the way white flour and white sugar do. I usually get it in bulk at winco.
Also I know by now many of you know "Lovely Lindsay". It's been a hard week for her with some sicknesses that wont go away so keep her in your prayers. She's a sweetheart.

5 comments:

S. Schuller said...

I love Lovely Lindsay and hope the sickness goes away! I loved that picture of you and Jeff--your hair looks so Hollywood 1940's. thanks for the tips about pastry flour. I'll have to get some now. Have a good weekend.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Pastry flour? Is that like cake flour? or different. I am always excited to hear of simple changes I can make to be healthier. Thanks for the tip.

Jan said...

I am so grateful for that flour. Most of family loves wheat except for one. Now I can buy all sorts of products with it and they never even notice. Fun to see and up close pic of Lindsay. Hope she is better this week.

naturaljoy said...

Pastry flour is whole wheat flour so it's still wheat flour just lighter. It should say pastry flour on the bag or where ever you find it. I think cake flour is just made out of white flour.

cate create said...

I've been trying to go all wheat, so this is great news! I would love to pick your brain sometime about other things. I hope Lindsay gets better soon. Also, I tagged you, so go to my website to see about that!