Friday, February 29, 2008

Where do you get your vegetables? my 2 cents:)


Okay, I've been wanting to put this post on for a while but it never seems like I have the time anyway if any of you went to the Stake enrichment last night they had a great class on nutrition which inspired me since well I guess weird things get me going. Anyway it's getting to be spring and it's a great time to think about where your produce is actually coming from. In the store, maybe anywhere really but probably not from a local farm. I know that seems silly wouldn't it just be easier to get it down the road? We got our produce from a great farm last year that is just about 15 miles up road 68 and they do a coop. You pay a certain amount for the season and every week you pick up the current produce that's in season where their drop spot is. You get fresher local produce and you support the local farmer. Check out the website it's worth looking at. To learn more go to the Schreiber and sons coop farm down in the green links. Happy Spring!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks for the information. I have been wondering if we had one around here. Now all we need is a Trader Joes or Whole Foods and I am set.

naturaljoy said...

Oh trader joes, I love that place.

tharker said...

This is a great idea. We are going to plant our very first garden this year, and I'm so excited about it. But knowing about this little co-op is very helpful info. Thanks Amelia!