Sunday, February 24, 2008


It seems like I always have a million things I'd like to say to someone, or maybe just to myself but when I get to my blog it doesn't come out. Maybe it's the new idea that anyone can look at it or maybe I think a lot of the time my thoughts are just happy or important to me or maybe even just "out there". Well anyway I guess that's why we're here to have our own minds and decide what's right for ourselves but I think when it comes to voicing any of my opinions the insecurity seems to seep out.

I had an experience this week that I can't call exactly good but in my life I guess it was. I have a cousin that lives in Utah that was having her 4th child and was due when I was. She found out that her baby had a lot of problems and this week they took him by c-section and on friday he passed away. Needless to say this is not a happy story and I feel for them being almost ready for my 4th as well but it has put a new spin on my plight in life and a better understanding of life and eternity. I love birth, the closer
I get to the bare roots of it the more I feel the eternity of it. A God given gift that we have to work for through the pain and the endurance that makes us better people in the end with an empowerment that we can do anything if we can do that. I even am grateful to God for not making it easy, why should it be easy to get the most important thing you can get in life and how better to appreciate them? So today I am having a CELEBRATION OF BIRTH. I am grateful for my aching back, I am grateful for a huge belly, I am grateful for heart burn and nausea and no sleep and smashed lungs and everything else! I am also grateful for a cousin with a spirit that was able to go through the experience of loosing a son and also bless my life and many others with his presence. So new baby through the chaos and stress and complaining and business that is my life I am so excited for yet one more birth celebration that is to be mine in a couple of weeks, thank you.

15 comments:

Ms. Kristen said...

You are blessed to have another spirit in your home! Birth is worth all the pain and inconviences! Can't wait to see what is coming to your house! Boy or girl? Whatever...it is goin' be cute! i can't wait to see! And with lots of hair!!!

Jan said...

Being grateful makes everything alot easier I think. I love your take on it right now and the honor you gave to your cousin. We are blessed as mothers.

Megan said...

I too, think birth is a beautiful, wonderful experience! I think you're right, that if it was easy, we maybe wouldn't appreciate the experience as much or remember it as vividly. I am grateful for my vivid memories of the births of my children--they are my greatest JOY! Peace to you in your last few weeks. Let me know if you need anything.

tharker said...

I love to give birth. I am not kidding. One of the saddest things to me is the thought that I might never be able to experience the beauty, the joy and the pain of giving birth again. There is nothing that I have done in my life that has made me feel so accomplished as giving birth to my 3 sweet babies. Literally, I love every minute of it. I am weird like that.

Your tribute to your cousin is so touching. My heart goes out to them.

I can't wait to meet your newest bundle of sweetness. Please let me know if you need anything too.

Lovely Lindsay said...

isn't it so amazing! you are a birth warrior in so many ways... i've always admired that in you. your sweet face and voice of encouragement at my own babe's birth was such a blessing. i can't wait to see the face of this new little sweetie and learn it's name and know it's birth story. enjoy these last few weeks. enjoy. enjoy. enjoy.

Allison said...

kaden's story has touched me so much as well. it has made me appreciate the miracle of life so much more. i cannot wait to meet the new baby and to see all of you, hopefully soon!

S. Schuller said...

Very inspiring words from an inspiring woman! You have an eternal perspective on childbearing and I love that. Faith's birthday was cute too. Lindsay is so creative, as are you!

AOlson said...

I have always thought you were an amazing woman and this post just proves it more. Birth is an amazing thing. I am so excited for you. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

KP said...

I enjoyed this post completely. It filled me up with warmth. It makes us all reflect on our child bearing experiences and what they mean to us. I admire you so much for having the strength and will to be all natural with your births. I've had an almost drug free birth, but not by choice! I have such a fear of pain that I don't envy you right now. And I can't say that I love being pregnant. it doesn't treat me well. I can say, that the end result is by far the most rewarding experience I've ever had. it is the only accomplishment that makes my life great. Thankyou for your thoughts!

cathmom said...

I love you Amelia. Birth, the whole childbearing year for that matter, is such a great teacher. You are right. If you can do what you do to bring a baby to this world, you CAN do anything. The knowing that you possess is a gift. As moms we feel like we have some influence on our daughters and how they will see and appreciate their body's abilities. With sons, we can only hope that their wives will be tuned in. Do you know what a blessing it is to me that my son has you, Sweet Amelia, a shining star? I look forward to the unfolding of this baby's story, too. In my mind, I see it much like Asher's. Still, I know it will be a totally original story, just right for this baby and that makes it all the more exciting. Carry on. See ya soon!

naturaljoy said...

It's funny how I'm feeling so yucky today that I feel like I should delete this post! I'm definately not this grateful all the time!

tharker said...

Do not delete it!

You are a gazillion weeks pregnant, it is OKAY to feel yucky!

Jan said...

Amelia, here is some answers to your question.

Yogurt is great for keeping the digestive system clean because it gives food to the bacteria to do their job, but kefir actually produces colonies of bacteria which yogurt can't do. Kefir has alot more strains of bacteria as well the list is impressive. It also has healthy yeasts that can help aid in contolling and eliminating bad yeast and bad bacterias. I call kefir my hard working inside maid, because its just constantly cleaning my digestive and intestinal areas. Its also alot easier to digest than yogurt making it a very friendly baby food. Thanks for asking and I think that class only happens once a year. But I am going to go. I'll listen for any new information that you might find helpful.. I am not a solid vegetarian. I do limit my meat intake greatly though. Continued endurance to the end of the pregs. Bye.

Jan said...

Tell me more about the Co-op group out of North Pasco Amelia? I am really interested.

naturaljoy said...

Jan,
I just did a post about it! You basically pay a certain amount for the whole season, then pick up your produce every week at a certain spot they drop it at. There are different option depending on if you want organic or not or how big you need your box to be. I do a garden but I found that this and what I get out of the garden works good together. Do you do a garden?