Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15, 2010

Breakfast:
Peanut butter granola with rice milk
Rolled barley flakes (like oatmeal but with barley) with rice milk
Oranges
water

Family outing car snacks:
5 bags of pre-popped organic gmo-free popcorn, popped by my son.
leftover whole wheat biscuits with butter.
Barbara's crunchy organic cinnamon crisp granola bars:
Ingredients:
oats,
organic cane juice
canola oil
sunflower oil
organic molasses
organic honey
organic oat fiber
cinnamon

2 mugs full of rice milk abuelita mexican chocolate(since we went sledding)
No this is not super good for you but has a lot less ingredients and preservatives then most mixes.

Now, on our way back we had a dilema that I really didn't want to post but knew I had to if I was going to be completely truthful here. It was after lunch, the kids already ate all their snacks and were hungry so we thought maybe we could just get some really plain burritos at the taco place (not to much unhealthy stuff but will fill them up for now) not so, they had processed cheese mixed into some beans and rice but were also a little spicy, needless to say the kids not being used to that were not fans of them and so a wasted stop and wasted money. After the fact also I was quite annoyed with myself because I knew I was recording everything we ate and that I hadn't been to said taco place in lets say like 10 years, or okay longer then I can remember but who's going to believe me now that it's in my 2 week report that represents what we eat for our whole lives. Maybe I'm going to have to keep recording our food forever. There you go.:)

1 comment:

polka dots said...

i am liking the snack ideas